Pages

Sunday 10 November 2013

Production Diary - Writing the Article

This week I have completed multiple tasks which will go towards my planning part of my coursework:
  1. Planning the layout for the Front Page, Contents Page and Double Page Spreads
  2. Feature Article
  3. What will be on my Contents Page
Planning the layout for where you want everything to go is a good idea because it makes it a lot easier for when you want to make the actual task. For example, where I have put pictures, there are blue boxes - so when it comes to putting the whole thing together, I have the layout all worked out making the task less menial.

The feature article took me 6 hours to write out and consisted of a large 1700 words. I found it quite hard to start the article off, restarting the opening paragraph about ten times. However, once I had got it started, it got a lot easier and I really got into the flow of writing in this style and really enjoyed it. Sometimes when reading things over for mistakes after staring at the screen all day, you miss silly little things. So I asked my mum to read over it who said she thought it was a really nice style of writing and enjoyed reading it and only noticed a couple of grammatical errors.

The planning of what my contents page would consist of was not as time consuming as the feature article. I came up with some ideas of what would be regulars, features of this months issue and a band index.

No comments:

Post a Comment