Pages

Monday 3 February 2014

Question Five

How did you attract/address your audience?


The main way in which I will attract my target audience is through having an eye catching, attractive magazine with a bold choice of colours. The front cover is the first thing that possible buyers will see, and I believe that what will be most effective is a striking photo positioned on the front cover with the model having direct eye contact with the person who is looking at it. Another convention which I think is key in effectively attracting the audience is having quite a minimalistic yet prominent house style because if the front cover is too crowded with too many colours, pictures and sell lines, the audience will easily get confused and feel a bit overwhelmed with the colours and information that is being provided to them.

A possible buyer who is looking for a good magazine will always want to know what the content of the magazine is like. A way of finding out this sort of information is by looking at the contents page of the magazine which means that it is important that you feature the most interesting and eye catching news, reviews and stories which will make the magazine look more inviting. On my contents page I have placed an artist index column which runs narrowly down the right hand side of the page which features all the different bands and artists which feature in the magazine that month. By highlighting the variety of those that are featured inside will help heighten the amount of people who would want to read it, therefore this broadens the spectrum of your target audience which is very important when you are constantly in an ongoing competition with other music magazines.

As I have chosen an audience between the ages of 16 and 22, they are quite young compared to some of the age brackets that you could possibly choose. This means that they are most likely going to be up to date with all the latest forms of technology and forms of social media. Since the heightening in medial convergence, many people are able to connect these social media’s to their tablets and android phone meaning they are constantly on the go looking for something to entertain them whilst they are on their journey to work or school. I have decided that the best way to address the audience is through social mediums such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as these are the most commonly used by teenagers and young adults today. When communicating with your audience on these social mediums I believe that it is extremely important to keep the messages that you transfer across brief and concise, keeping it to the point. Twitter, especially, helps you do this with its 140 character limit.

Overall I think I will be able to successfully address and attract my audience as I myself am within the social group and age bracket that I am targeting so know what the gap in the market is and what will be able to fill this.

No comments:

Post a Comment