Pages

Monday 14 October 2013

Production Diary - Choosing the Name and Masthead Design

Production Diary - 14.10.13

Today in class I had to consider different name ideas and masthead designs for the production of my music magazine. From the start I wanted to make sure that the designs that I have chosen are minimalistic yet effective because I think a front cover which is overly crowded with different colours and images can be quite overwhelming and not very effective.

When considering name ideas, I wanted to keep the name short, but punchy so that it left an effect on the reader because that way it will be memorable. I had to come up with 25 different name ideas that I could use for my magazine and some of them were:
  • IM (Independent Music)
  • Polyphonic
  • Pitch
  • Sync
  • Loud
  • Alternative
  • Amplified
  • and more..
I decided that I would present the ideas that I had considered on a programme called wordle which would put all of the words into a 'word bubble' where you could change the font, colour and layout. This was an effective way of presenting this because it looks like a brainstorm that you might do on a piece of paper or powerpoint but its another way of presenting my work.

Then I had to consider different designs for the masthead which I did on InDesign. I created about seven different designs which consisted of a similar colour scheme, yet different fonts and layouts such as letters being flipped and being elongated to make particular letters stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment