Pages

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Promotional Methods

Promotional Methods


When promoting my magazine, I have been thinking about a variety of ways in which this can be done successfully. There are various numbers of ways to promote a magazine, for example on the sides of buses and bus stops, launch parties, bilboards, posters, leaflets and many more. When choosing what methods I wanted to use I needed to think of how it would increase the circulation and readership of my magazine and appeal to my target audience of those aged 15-24 in the social bracket C2DE. It is important that the Promotional Methods that I choose are successful because this product is unknown to the market at the moment.

PICADILLY CIRCUS
TIMES SQUARE
One of the most popular ways to promote a product is on a bilboard which tends to be found on the sides of busy roads, near shopping centres or in a large city. I believe that these are an effective  choice because they are very big in size which will help catch the eye of the audience and are specifically placed in places where many people will be situated. There are many bilboards situated across countries so if this is a chosen promotional method, then it is key that I make it stand out from the other bilboards and make it look exciting and enticing. I plan on making sure that I include key details such as when the magazine will be released for the first time and the magazine's website. However, I would not include the price because it would be more likely for the audience that this medium is targeted at to go into the shop and have a look at it.


Another effective way of promoting a product is on the side of a bus. Buses drive across the country at all hours of the day so it is extremely likely that the majority of the population will see it. I believe that this is an effective choice for how I will promote my magazine because the target audience is of the ages 15-24 because half of them will not be able to drive and will most likely be taking public transport to get to work or school. Another good use of promoting a product within public transport is at train stations as there will be many commuters going to work or shopping for the day so this is another good way of getting a message across.


Some magazines may choose to have a launch party which is where they would invite important people from that industry to help boost their reputation and get contacts within the industry. For example with a music magazine I might invite editors from other big music magazines such as Q and NME but also popular musicians who fit with the genre that I have chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment