Pages

Monday 16 September 2013

Production Diary - Preparation of Preliminary Task

Over the past week and a half I have been preparing the preliminary task for my coursework. We do not get any marks for this, however if we do not complete this we will lose 15 marks. The specification said that we had to create a magazine for our school (Haydon School), which consisted of a front cover and a single paged contents page.

I decided that I wanted the colour scheme for the magazine to fit in with the school colours; navy and yellow. I wanted to keep the design quite minimalistic so did not clutter up the pages with anything unnecessary. I based the main article of the magazine on Haydon’s new school canteen and the introduction of the new caterers. The full bleed image on the front cover consisted of an image which related to this.

I brainstormed some ideas on a piece of paper which I have also uploaded to my blog. Things that I included were ideas of names for the magazine, what the main article should be and sell line ideas. I believe that it is important to plan your work before and get down some good ideas prior to creating this because this way, I am going to have a clear understanding of what I want my coursework to look like.

I have begun creating my front cover and contents page on InDesign which is an adobe programme which is used throughout the course and is the programme that I will be using throughout the rest of this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment