Pages

Sunday 22 September 2013

Production Diary - Completed Preliminary Task, Writing Feedback and Audience Research

This week I finished creating my preliminary task. I decided to go for a colour scheme of navy blue and yellow as these are the colours of the school. The name for my magazine that I chose was ‘HAYDON TALKS’ and I incorporated the Haydon stag which is the logo of our school, in the masthead. I believe that the design of my preliminary magazine is simple yet effective because the colours are bold yet not overpowering and the articles are informative yet not boring.

The next part of my preliminary task that I will complete will be the evaluation. In this I have to include information about why I chose the colours, what programme I used and the tools that I had chosen. This will be used when I have to talk about the real task in the evaluation next year. I will have to talk about how I have overcome any challenges whilst using the programme and also what I have achieved in this time and discussing how my skills using the programme have excelled.

Over the past week I have been thinking about ideas I could put forward in my proposal for my music magazine which I will start planning next week. As I wanted to gather some information as to what my target audience would think, I created a survey on surveymonkey where I created ten question and sent it round to females aged 16-19 years old.

Here is some of the information that I gathered:

1.       67% wanted the majority of the magazine to consist of established artists

2.       The top three choices of prizes for competitions or giveaways were concert/festival tickets, meet and greet, and win a trip to…

3.     89% liked the idea of incorporating readers tweets with the magazine

4.      Many wanted the double page spread interviews to consist of a mixture of trivial questions and information about their music

5.       100% of those asked wanted to hear the featuring artists point of view on other music artists

6.       89% thought it would be a good idea for there to be a page where readers opinions would be featured

7.      The top music magazine choices were: Pop, Indie, Alternative and Dance

8.       100% of responders thought it’s a good idea to have video interviews where extra questions would be asked

9.       78% of respondents believe a variety of artists should be included in the magazine

10.   Here is a table consisting of artists they would like to hear from

ARTIST
How many people liked them?
Ellie Goulding
2
Chrvches
1
Gabrielle Aplin
1
Justin Timberlake
3
Taylor Swift
3
Justin Bieber
1
Ed Sheeran
3
Mumford and Sons
1
Purity Ring
1
Demi Lovato
2
Bastille
1
One Direction
2
Olly Murs
1
The 1975
1
Miley Cyrus
1
Bruno Mars
1
Rihanna
1
Matthew Morrison
1

No comments:

Post a Comment